Wednesday, April 26, 2017

I Almost Lost My Mind

Arrangements while you wait! One of the things I love about rehearsing each week is that, for better or worse, we all begin to think alike … and, hey, mostly that's for the better! Now, all day long yesterday, I had a great old Ivory Joe Hunter tune stuck in my head, his 1950 hit song called "I Almost Lost My Mind." I started playing it last night at the practice session and, within minutes, an arrangement started coming to together. Michelle and Randy began finding great harmony vocals, Sam fell into a just natural harmonica groove, while for Doug… well, it brought back fond memories for Doug, of when he did that song with the bands he played with as a teenager when the song was new and the hottest tune on the radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment